Expansion of free meal service from local NYC public schools to all NYC residents
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Mayor Bill De Blasio announced Thursday that all New York City residents can now get free meals at one of the city’s 435 grab-and-go food locations at schools.
Adults with children will continue to be given free meals from 7:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m.
Adults without children can now also get free meals from 11:30 a.m.- 1:30 p.m.
To find a school in your area distributing food, call 311, check NYC.GOV or text the word FOOD or COMIDA to 877-877 to find a location near you.
“Anyone who needs food, anyone who’s hungry, can come to these 435 sites. You can get all three meals for yourself and your family for free. No one will be turned away. I want to really emphasize that. There’s no charge, and no one will be turned away.”
- The Federal Small Business Administration Paycheck Protection Program will give two-year loans at 0.5% interest first come, first served. Here is some information about this program:
- Businesses and nonprofits with a total of 500 or fewer employees are eligible to apply.
- This is a $350 Billion federal loan program.
- Loan is based on average payroll.
- Maximum loan is $10 million.
- Loans can be forgiven.
For more information visit here.