As our city battles the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s more important than ever to ensure New Yorkers know where they can find accurate information and quickly access a range of important resources. With that goal in mind, today my office is launching a dedicated COVID-19 Resource Center, which includes a comprehensive set of resources to support New Yorkers through this public health crisis and beyond.
This hub on our website contains critical information about the many government programs available to assist New Yorkers in need, recent policy changes regarding health and safety, options for financial support for residents and businesses alike, and organizations to reach out to for additional assistance.
Whether you are a tenant or homeowner, parent or student, employed or seeking employment, small business owner or freelancer, non-profit organization, senior, immigrant, or a concerned New Yorker, our COVID-19 Resource Center brings key information to your fingertips that will help you navigate these difficult times.
In addition to a general list of frequently asked questions and answers on COVID-19 and how to stay safe and healthy, other information available in the COVID-19 Resource Center includes:
- Cultural activities and recreation including parks
- Financial support for individuals, independent contractors, and freelancers including unemployment benefits, government financial assistance, and paid sick and family leave
- Food access such as meals for seniors and where to get free food in every borough
- Homeowners information such as mortgage relief
- Resources for immigrant communities
- Navigating the legal system and courts
- Domestic and gender-based violence assistance
- Medical and mental health information including insurance
- Support for non-profits including grants and funding opportunities
- Resources for renters in all types of housing
- Schools and education including remote learning and Regional Enrichment Centers
- Information for seniors
- Small business resources including federal, state, and municipal government assistance
We hope you will find this resource guide helpful and informative during this trying time for our city. If you have any questions about information in the COVID-19 Resource Center or if we can be of any assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out to my office at 212-669-3916.
We’ll get through this together,